Version 7 Release Notes
Version 7 was released in February, 2008 and Version 7.1 in September, 2008. The Formation Flying and Solar Sail modules are newly available add-on products. The core toolbox has many diverse upgrades including unscented Kalman filters and an interface to the JPL ephemerides files (ex. DE405). What's more, you can now view the headers of ALL the functions in the toolbox interactively using the online API.
Some of the features new to v7 are:
- Close maneuvering using A* search algorithms.
- Nuclear propulsion system analysis functions.
- Unscented Kalman filters for state and parameter estimation.
- Ephemeris calculation including astronomical almanac and JPL ephmerides.
- New environmental models including magnetic fields for many planets.
- Distributed planetary albedo function.
- Fault detection including parity space and online approximators.
- Trajectory optimization using indirect methods.
- Plasma propulsion functions.
- Isothermal spacecraft model.
- Thermal radiator and heat shield properties.
- Radar and Ladar link budget analysis.
- New and improved spacecraft control simulations.
- Nonlinear equation solver for multiple equations.
- New functions for optical sensors.
- System failure probability function.
- Object transparency in viewing CAD models.
The new use of object transparency in the CAD models allows you to highlight specific components or subsystems, and virtually see "inside" your spacecraft. The image at right shows the propulsion subsystem in reference to the rest of the spacecraft.
SCT Version 10
SCT Version 9
SCT Version 8